Including books for adults, for kids and teens.
Written by Anna Rahmanan, Tuesday November 29 2022
The Brooklyn Public Library recently revealed its list of most borrowed books of all time, but if you still need some literary inspiration (or holiday gift ideas!), we suggest you consult the New York Public Library’s just-released recommendations for best books of the year.
The institution’s lists have become an annual tradition for the past century and, in recent years, the pundits have even issued directories of tomes for teens and others written in Spanish.
Expert librarians have looked through almost 3,000 titles and settled on a fraction of them to make up four lists this year: best new books for adults, best new books for kids, best new books for teens and best books in Spanish for kids.
You can browse through each category in full right here and, below, find a selection of some entries in each group.
Best books for adults
- The Genesis of Misery by Neon Yang
- The High Desert: Black. Punk. Nowhere–A Memoir by James Spooner
- A Lady For a Duke by Alexis Hall
- Nettle & Bone by T. Kingfisher
- Path of Totality: Poems by Niina Pollari
- Shutter: A Novel by Ramona Emerson
- Solito: A Memoir by Javier Zamora
- The Song of the Cell by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin by Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird & Tom Waltz
- Vladimir: A Novel by Julia May Jonas
Editor’s Note: Read more, see link below for original item...
Source: New York Public Library: The best books of 2022